Saturday 30 October 2010

Photo-Shoot with Min

As Well as directing my own photo-shoot I also want to work as a stylist on other photo-shoots. Many students have asked me to do their styling for their projects but because of my own work I can only take on a few projects. I have therefore, only chosen to take on work that I think will add to my current project.

MinSeok Kim contacted me regarding and upcoming photo-shoot

Hi Vicky. My name is MinSeok Kim. I am 2 year in FdA commercial photography. I am mainly into fashion photography even though it has been only a year doing fashion photography. I found you on facebook and saw your blog. I just loved your style. I really want to work with you. The thing is that I would love you to do styling for my fashion project. I know you are 3 year and must be busy but the shoot is going to be great. You could have a look at my blog where all my works from last year are. It's minseokkim.blogspot.com. And this is my phone number /. Please give me a text or a call if you are interested. I really hope that you could help me. and of course I will help you for return. Thank you. Min
-----------------------------
Hiya Min,
Would love some more information about the shoot and when you would want to do it. Have quite a few on at the moment but if I can fit it in and it looks like it will add something to my portfolio then I'd defiantly be up for collaborating!
Thanks Vicky
----------------------------------------
Hi Vicky
First of all, thank you for the reply. I am sure the quality of your work must be high-level. To be honest, I am a fashion beginner. My previous work might disappoint your expectation. But I want to be better as a fashion photographer and I will be. So I need someone like you who know fashion and has a strong style in fashion. Anyway, my project is 'Narrative' which means the project must have a questionary story in it. Mine is about a kidnapped girl who wakes up on the bed and can't remember where she is and why she is there. She is dressed up like a human doll. I guess the kidnapper might want to keep her as a his personal doll. And the things she finds in the room starts reminding her of what happened before. This idea is inspired by a Japanese film called 'Perfect Education'. I have a model and a make-up/hairdresser. The location would be a house near Southampton. I want to create a dim atmosphere with lighting. I could send you some examples of images if you want. Anyway, It would also be totally understandable that you pick up clothes for the project and cannot be in the shoot if you are too busy and have no time because the shoot is going to take a half day. I really hope you could help me and also want to keep working with you. Thank you for your time. Min

Because of all the workload I currently have I will be unable to be on the actual shoot with Min, however I have organised with him to go shopping to choose the clothing for him.
The images he wanted were very creative and I think if I had more time I would be able to create something similar to these images, however because of the late notice and the fact that he wants the photo-shoot done within the next two weeks, I have suggested that we go shopping together to try and get some similar pieces to what Min is after.
I'm thinking these last images that he sent me would be more accessible in the short amount of time that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment