Sunday 24 October 2010

Stanmer Park Visit

After my visit to The Blue Pool I decided that I really liked the use of light through the trees. I felt that it would fit well with my slightly darker but enchanted theme.
Although The Blue Pool would have been a good location for photographs, in reality it would be very hard to get to the location as it takes quite a while to get there from Bournemouth. Also with the location, make-up and equipment would be hard to do and transport. I also need to take into account that the clock times will change soon, meaning that it will start to get darker earlier.
This photo was taken in the same location for the Vintage Boutique Shoot that I did earlier this year. Although it is the same location I think taken by different photographers and with different styling it could have a completely different feel. I don't think because you have used one location before that it means you cannot re-use it. Think how many times a plain studio is used for different styling and yet the photographs are different every time.
I like the idea of the models intertwining between the trees, very similar to the story of the story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses and the silver beech trees they ran through.
In Stanmer woods there are a lot of fallen trees that fell during the storm of 1987, rather then these trees being moved they were cut into to create seats or left to be overgrown. I think these could add interesting elements in taking my inside out theme forward.
Like at The Blue Pool, the trees also curve round the paths. This is one of my favourite walks in the woods as I love the trees. I think this could be interesting in trying to incorporate a red riding hood type look.I also want to look at building tents so was thinking that if blankets were thrown over this leaning tree it could give the idea of an incorporated tent.
I like the broken tree stumps found around the woods, these could have the models stood on top of them.
The rotting tree stump could be a great backdrop for some really stunning outfits!
or they could put their feet inside them like the stocks I saw at Christchurch.
You can't really see in the picture below but the old wall for the estate runs round the outskirts of Stanmer woods. This is a really nice flint wall which would look great if the models were standing on it. I like the idea of the models playing in the woods like children's so perhaps hiding behind trees, throwing and kicking leaves etc.
Looking back to my Childhood photographs I was always climbing trees and playing on a tree swing, I therefore think that using a tree swing will give the childhood impression of fun and playfulness.
In Stanmer woods they also have an armchair which they have cut out of an old tree stump. I think I could really add to this by adding homely comforts to it such as cushions, a lamp, picture frame etc. I think this could be the basis of my inside-out looking shoot. This man was reading in the chair as I walked past and he didn't mind me taking his photo. I think this clearly shows how accessible it is even just as an outside chair for everyone.
I liked this fallen tree as it also looks like a bed, I could also incorporate this as a bed in my inside-out world.
This image shows how easily it could look like a bed, perhaps if I added cushions and a blanket it could look the part.

No comments:

Post a Comment