Friday 22 October 2010

Where The Wild Things Are

Having grown up with the book in pride of place in every children's library, this book greatly inspired me as a child and a lot of many other children. The sense of adventure, the idea that the monsters are actually friendly grabs every child's fantasy.
I had previously looked at Where the Wild Things are when the film first came out as it greatly inspired me (this is in my blog post from the Torie Smith Blog)
The film was really well done, bringing together the artsy feel that the book had created. Also incorporating a sense of fun and Adventure!
I love the way the film creates a sense of fun and playfulness, the lighting and props are magical. This is something I would love to bring to my photo-shoot and try and incorporate and I think this story and now the film can clearly identify a child's imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment