Thursday 4 November 2010

Photographs from Min

Today I got the photographs back from Min unfortunately I could not attend the shoot as I had too much work on. I therefore did they styling by going shopping with Min and choosing all the outfits. Because I wasn't there meant that I couldn't alter anything so it was left up to Min, the make-up artist and the model to decide on the outfits and to alter them if something didn't fit or didn't look right.
Looking at these photo's there are only two outfits that I like from the six. This is either because the outfit was not put together right or it needed to be pinned better.
This image I really like, I think it fits well with the images Min had originally shown me. I like the darkness of her clothing against the very plain backdrop.
This outfit I wish had the shirt I had picked out, it was white and over sized and would have broken up the who rigid look of the outfit shown here. I also would have changed the shoes to the plain black heels.
I like this dress, I just think the angle is wrong as you can nearly see up her skirt.
This look isn't too bad, it's just quite difficult to see the styling. Which in my case is the main feature.
This look is the main one which I wish I had been there to fix. It was meant to be with black lace leggings and a belt tucked in with black gloves. I think she is holding a hairbrush but it looks like a weapon.
This is the 2nd look I do however like. I like the over sized shirt and the casual pose makes her look natural. The whole darkness works well with the lightness of the material.
I think I have a few photographs that I can use for my portfolio but I know that in future how important it is to be there on the actual shoot. My job isn't simply about handing over the clothing but also working out whether it looks right or whether it needs something else or to be changed completely. This is something I will need to address in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment