Wednesday 24 November 2010

Photographs from Luke

I've just got the photographs back from Luke and I am so pleased with them. They have an raw, dark edge to them which I think really relates to the research I have been looking at.
I really love this scene of just the chair, it gives it an eerie, abandoned type feel and actually looks as though the set should belong there.
I love how when the models are put into the set that it instantly comes alive.
I love this picture as it loos as though she is really comfortable. Perhaps this connects me because I know in actual fact she was freezing and that it was so windy that her hair kept nearly blowing away.
I love the nonchalant look on Lottie's face, with Lucas keeping the photo together and stopping it from being a snap shot.
Unfortunately because of the weather and the fact that Lottie kept nearly losing her wig anyway, meant that my teacup headpiece could not be put in the hair. I don't think her holding it here really makes it look like it should belong there.
These are my favourite pictures, I love how the light has just come out from about the brow of the hill. It really does give a whole fantasy type look whilst still being on trend with the boys clothing.
I think these next few photographs in particular link well with Where The Wild Things Are. I think its the use of light and almost the documentary way Luke has captured the models. Quite a lot of the poses are of them just being themselves.
Here they are being photographed by Lotte so are looking at her camera but Lucas has just caught the eye of Luke's camera. It shows how well working with two photographers was when you get shots like this.I think this photo almost looks like she is going for a walk, it isn't trying to be anything pretentious it is just documentary and beautiful because of it.
The sunlight works so well for these photo's, I think its amazing how you cannot tell what a horrible day it was from the final photographs.
I love this image! (despite the clip in the hair, which I actually think works in a strange way) It looks very editorial whilst still being commercial. I think the tree manages to break this up.
These are my favourite images from the Luke's photographs. Really beautiful and just the right amount of the clothing to show the styling and give a sense of the outfit.
It will be interesting to see how Lotte's photo's compare to Luke's as I am so pleased with these!

No comments:

Post a Comment