Friday 26 November 2010

Experimenting with Photo-Shop

Something I am really pleased about with Luke's photo's is how unedited they are, this means that we can all edit them in our own way.
When I spoke to Lydia I found that she wanted a more wintry feel from the photographs so decided to edit some herself and send me the copies of her edited version.

Lydia Pankhurst 26 November at 19:58 Report
Hey hun!

I got pics!! I think some look great! and some look like they could be even greater!!
For me make-up wise there is only two close up i could use...and they both have falling off lashes so I'm going to have to edited them more :( But hopefully Lotte will have a couple as well and then i can choose the best.

There r a couple of the boys which are awesome too.

For me personally i think i was hoping he would edited them more...to be honest when me and how opened them we thought straight away it looks like he may have just some a bit of lightening and cropping...there aren't any effects which i was hoping for as some (like the chair one) are awesome but at the moment i feel they look a bit nothing as the lighting is very flat, but with an effect or two could potentially be stunning!!!! and then be as strong as some of shoots from the summer.

Anyway...i had a little play with one to see if i could give them that wintry feel which we saw in some images... (basically i just think the green should go from some images!)

I thought i would show you and see what u think...Its not finished but just what i did quickly to see if it's work!!

What do you think?? I'm going to try and do something to one of the chair ones and see if i can make it look a bit more magical. If you like i could ask Luke if he minds me having a play so if we do like them we can use them as well as his.

x x x





I really love the effects the Lydia has done to these photographs. I'm not as technically minded and prefer a more tactile approach to editing the pictures rather then adding effects on Photoshop. I think it is brilliant that Lydia has these skills and has managed to put them towards the photographs. This really shows how important it is in having a great team. Even after the photo's are taken they can still add to the project. I think these photo's are stunning and I think for my next project I would like to improve my technical editing skills in trying to accomplish something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment