Tuesday 16 November 2010

Photo-Shoot with Steph

As well as my own photo-shoot I also want to incorporate other shoots that I think may link well to what I am looking into for this project. We quite often get emails from other students requesting stylists. I had previously done the shoot with Min and when Steph Dale contacted me about doing a shoot which was also Doll themed I felt it related to the childhood theme I was looking into. By working with other students it will also broaden my contact list and hopefully get me recognised at the university as well.

Hi Stephanie
I was forwarded your email by Anne (my course leader from Fashion) regarding a photo-shoot coming up. I would be very interested in styling if you haven't already found someone. I am collaborating with another fashion student who is also a stylist to hopefully put together a styling company in the future.
Please find my model mayhem page here: http://www.modelmayhem.com/1587346

Thanks
Vicky


Hey Vicky,
Thanks for the reply, yeah i am still looking for a stylists for the shoot. I am currently going through some initial ideas but am quite keen on doing a studio based shoot loosely based on the theme dolls and puppets. I have already contacted some designers who i am interested in using but would love your help putting the outfits together.

I am going to be in uni for the next three days and will be free on Thursday and Friday afternoon if you would like to get together and talk more?
Thanks,
Steph


Hey Vicky,
I have attached some photos of the clothes i have been given by the designer, the blouses can be used as separates and i would like to mix the items with softer more girly items.
I have had a bit of a shopping spree on American apparel! lol and would really like to get the full skirt we looked at in white? also i think some more lace, perhaps a body or one of the loose lacy jumpers they have. I also think another skirt would be needed if we separate the blouses from the rest of the collection?
as for accessorizes i think you are right in saying it might be to much to add jewelry, but i would like to use bows in their hair, and i have been looking at socks and tights online and i think again colours ones with lace might look good? what were you thinking about shoes?
with props, i would like a chair, again i would like it to be in a pastel colour? also the umbrella we spoke of? and i have been thinking about balloons lately?
anyway if you could get back to me with what you think that would be great! thanks xxx

The next plan of action for this shoot was to actually see the outfits that the designer had sent.
After looking at the clothes we agreed that they needed to be softened to fit in with some of the inspirational images she had in her sketchbook. We decided that creams and whites would soften the look, perhaps using lace.
This time round I wanted to be there for the shoot as I had learnt from my experience with Min.
Unfortunately I could only be there for the 1st photo-shoot as I have work tomorrow but we tried out all of the outfits so that Steph knows exactly what to put her in for tomorrows shoot.
Photographs hopefully up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment