Thursday 4 November 2010

Outfits

These are the outfits for the boys modeled by my brother Nick. I wanted a total of six looks for each model. I wanted a similar outfit for both of the boys to play on the idea of twinge and a mirror image effect but if different colours.
You can't really see the colours of the clothes in these pictures but here is a close up of the purple Monkee Genes and the purple check shirt.
For the girls looks I also wanted a total of six outfits. However these were sourced from different boutiques as I wanted them to link more to my childhood outfits. This look was mainly from Beyond Retro, a vintage market in Brighton with a huge selection of different clothing. This is a great store as it has thousands of clothes so its easy to look for something pacific.
I got this dress from Zara, the peter pan collar looks very similar to some of the dresses my mum would put me and my sister in for parties and formal occasions. I teamed it with an old belt that my dad gave to me.
This dress is from Miss Selfridge, I'm very fortunate at the moment that a lot of the dresses that I wore as a child are now fashionable again. Not only does this link to my own photographs but also means that I am picking up the current trends. This dress is also made of velvet, something I had a lot of as a child but also something which is very on trend this season.
I put the dress with a jacked I got from my grandmother. I like the idea of using pieces from my family tying it all in with a very personal meaning.
This red cape is from Topshop. I wanted to try it over a couple of my dresses to see which outfit it looked best with.
This outfit was a mixture and probably the last look I thought of. My grandmother gave me the spotty shirt and it reminded me of a lot of shoots I had seen. I therefore teamed it with a cheap net skirt from Matalan and want to look into layering different hosiery with dots on playing on the black and white theme.
I tried the red cape also over this look but think it works better with the velvet dress. This is because the spotty shirt that you can see underneath doesn't link to the look I want to create.
I found this top in a small vintage boutique in Brighton. I loved the detailing and the work that had gone into it.
The back of the top is also very beautiful with a v-neck. It is so heavy from the work that has been put in of all the embellishment.
This skirt is from Scott (a designer on my course) I felt that it really linked well to my early experiments in my sketchbook looking into fairy tales. He wanted to dye it for me but I loved the disheveled look of it compared with the elegance of the top.
All of my looks are in more detail in my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment